Antonia Glynne Jones
Antonia was born and raised in Africa and has a passionate affinity with untamed vistas whether desert or sea. She defines spaces through colour. Drawing on her emotional and physical reaction to times, places, and events, she combines observation and personal feelings to create artworks that are filled with directness, immediacy, and vibrant energy.
“For me drawing and painting is about the interaction between the discipline of observation and the spontaneity of mark making in terms of my physical and emotional response to the subject”.
MA in Printmaking and Professional Practice with the University of Brighton and the London Print Studio 2004-5. Part-time study at Morley College from 2001 to 2002. Private studies with Oliver Bevan from 1988 to 2000 and at the St Ives School of Painting with Roy Ray, Steve Dove and John Clark. Intensive courses at the Verrocchio Centre in Tuscany 1990 and 1996. Part-time studies with Bill Ainsley at the Johannesburg Art Foundation from 1983 -1987. Other: BSc Hons in Psychology.
• 2021 - 2000 Bucks Art Society
• 2020 Parallax Art Fair, London
• 2019 Brighton Art Fair
• 2019 Amsterdam Art Fair
• 2019 Bath Open, and Claydon House Landscape Exhibition
• 2018, 2017 & 2016 Discerning Eye, Mall Galleries, London
• 2016 Square Umbrella Gallery, Marlow
• 2020 – 2019, 2015 Oxford Art Society
• 2015 Creative Connections, Bucks County Museum, Aylesbury
• 2016 -2013 Beds, Bucks & Herts Print Society
• 2013 Pastel Society UK Annual Exhibition at the Mall Galleries
To view more of Antonia's work, please visit her website: